Creating a simple layer
Pozi typically displays map layers from existing government and commercial web services, or from GIS layers uploaded by clients to data portals such as data.gov.au.
But what if you want to add a simple layer with just a few points? Here's how to create a simple map layer:
- go to http://geojson.io
- click the 'Draw a marker' tool and add your points on the map
- in the Table view, click '+ new column' to add an id column, and then populate the record for each point with unique numbers like 101, 102, etc.
- add other columns and fill in attributes (eg, title, description, pdf link)
- click Save > Gist, then copy the link
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- your link
- desired layer name
- icon symbol; get link or icon name from any of:
- icon colour; get pick a six-digit colour code from:
- http://html-color-codes.info/color-names/ (eg FF4500)